Unfortunately, the last shearing year is already sold out. In autumn 2017 we will get the next vintage. Sign up for our Newsletter to be first to know about the new delivery.
50 g, approx. 200 m / 218 yds
Rec. Needle Size: 2.5 - 3 mm - US 1.5 - 2.5
100% Virgin Wool, Organic Merino and Organic Hebridean
Shearing 2015, Fowlescombe Farm (Devon)
Choose a colour:
With the purchase of this wool you contribute directly to the protection of species. Our soft 100% organic mélange yarn is
- made from 80% finest Merino and 20% of the rare Hebridean wool
- a rarity, only available in a very small amount per year – each skein is individually numbered
- including a donation of € 0.50 of each skein we sell to the Rare Breeds Survival Trust for the protection of endangered sheep breeds
- in 7 beautiful colours, nice to combine
- guaranteed good for environment, sheep, and humans – organic-certified by GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard)
- produced for us by a small spinning mill and dyer in England, with wool from Patagonia and England
4 in: 28 sts / 40 rows
Care Instructions: Hand Wash, Dry flat
More about Hebridean and the protection of endangered sheep breeds.
We ship worldwide. Orders submitted on workdays before 1 p.m. will normally be dispatched on the same day.
Delivery is free for orders over 60 €. For orders below 60 € there is a fixed delivery rate of 5 €.
Austria, Netherlands, Belgium:
Delivery is free for orders over 120 €. For orders below that there is a fixed delivery rate of 8,50 €.
Fixed delivery rate of 9 € up to 600g.Delivery to many european countries is free for orders over 200 € or 250 €.
Our organic yarns are completely certified according to GOTS, the Global Organic Textile Standard. With GOTS you can be sure that
- the sheep are kept according to organic farming standards and do not have to suffer painful mulesing surgery
- the wool production does not pollute the environment with dangerous chemicals
- energy consumption is controlled and residual waters are cleaned professionally
- the workers are treated fairly and child labour is prohibited
- minimum wages and standardised working hours are met
- the yarn is free from harmful residues