Currently we have no stock of this rare wool. The next delivery will be in July. Sign up for our Newsletter to get notified as soon as it' s available.
50 g, approx. 200 m / 218 yds
Rec. Needle Size: 2.5 - 3 mm - US 1.5 - 2.5
100% Virgin Wool, Organic Merino and Organic Manx Loaghtan
Shearing 2016, Langley Chase Farm (Wiltshire)
Choose a colour:
With the purchase of this wool you contribute directly to the protection of species. Our soft 100% organic mélange yarn is
- made from 72% finest Merino and 28% of the rare Manx Loaghtan wool
- a rarity, only available in a very small amount per year
- we donate a portion of the proceeds to the Rare Breeds Survival Trust for the protection of endangered sheep breeds
- in 13 beautiful colours, nice to combine
- guaranteed good for environment, sheep, and humans – organic-certified by GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard)
- produced for us by a small spinning mill and dyer in England, with wool from Patagonia and England
4 in: 28 sts / 40 rows
Care Instructions: hand wash, dry flat
More about Manx Loaghtan and the protection of endangered sheep breeds.
We ship worldwide. Orders submitted on workdays before 1 p.m. will normally be dispatched on the same day.
Delivery is free for orders over 50 €. For orders below that there is a fixed delivery rate of 5 €. Shipping by DHL.
Austria, Netherlands, Belgium:
Delivery is free for orders over 95 €. For orders below that there is a fixed delivery rate of 8,50 €. Shipping by DPD.
Free shipping from 180 € or 200 € to many European countries. Shippments of up to 700g outside of Europe for a fixed rate of 18 €.
Our organic yarns are completely certified according to GOTS, the Global Organic Textile Standard. With GOTS you can be sure that
- the sheep are kept according to organic farming standards and do not have to suffer painful mulesing surgery
- the wool production does not pollute the environment with dangerous chemicals
- energy consumption is controlled and residual waters are cleaned professionally
- the workers are treated fairly and child labour is prohibited
- minimum wages and standardised working hours are met
- the yarn is free from harmful residues